Friday, August 20, 2004

Malkinism


Michelle Malkin, from her own website, on last night's "Hardball" appearance:
Matthews frantically stuffed words down my mouth when I raised these allegations made in Unfit for Command that Kerry's wounds might have been self-inflicted. In his ill-informed and ideologically warped mind, this transmogrified into me accusing Kerry of "shooting himself on purpose" to get an award.

I repeated that the allegations involved whether the injuries were "self inflicted wounds." I DID NOT SAY HE SHOT HIMSELF ON PURPOSE and Chris Matthews knows it.
But character assassins never "say", do they? They insinuate, they suggest, they traffic in rumors and innuendo. And the transcript of last night's "Hardball" show is evidence that Malkin did, in fact, insinuate that Lt. John Kerry intentionally wounded himself.
MATTHEWS: I want a statement from you on this program, say to me right, that you believe he shot himself to get credit for a purpose of heart.

MALKIN: I‘m not sure. I‘m saying...

MATTHEWS: Why did you say?

MALKIN: I‘m talking about what‘s in the book.

MATTHEWS: What is in the book. Is there—is there a direct accusation in any book you‘ve ever read in your life that says John Kerry ever shot himself on purpose to get credit for a purple heart? On purpose?

MALKIN: On.

MATTHEWS: On purpose? Yes or no, Michelle.

MALKIN: In the February 1969 -- in the February 1969 event.

MATTHEWS: Did he say on it purpose.

MALKIN: There are doubts about whether or not it was intense rifle fire or not. And I wish you would ask these questions of John Kerry instead of me.

MATTHEWS: I have never heard anyone say he shot himself on purpose.

I haven‘t heard you say it.

MALKIN: Have you tried to ask—have you tried ask John Kerry these questions?

MATTHEWS: If he shot himself on purpose. No. I have not asked him that.

MALKIN: Don‘t you wonder?

MATTHEWS: No, I don‘t. It‘s never occurred to me.
Malkin may very well be correct that Matthews goaded her, but if he did then she graciously accomodated his goading by unmistakably insinuating that John Kerry committed a wretched and detestable act.

Michelle perhaps can take comfort that by having disgraced herself she may have provided the impetus for the rejection by the American people of Malkinism and a return to decency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home